Monday, November 3, 2008

Update on Daxen


We went for Daxen's four month appointment on Oct 29. He got two shots and didn't like them at all....it was kindof sad because Stevie had to hold his arms down so he wouldn't move and then he started crying when they gave him the shot. Stevie hurried and picked him up and then he was totally fine...smiled at Mom and that was the end of it!

He weighed 14.8. I couldn't believe it. I thought he was going to weigh a lot more than that. I said to the nurse are you sure..and she said Yes of course. I was thinking whatever you aren't the one who carries him around all day in his carrier. But that puts him in the 45% in his age group.

He was 24.7 inches long which puts him in the 41%

He head was 16.5 inches which puts him in the 38%

I thought he was going to be a lot bigger than he was, but our little guy is right on track...just a little bit below average. So all of you who keep calling him big, he's not quite there yet:)

5 comments:

T said...

Man, shots are the worst! I hate it when they are looking up at you smiling and then BLAMO! Pain!!

I remember with one of mine, the nurse told me if you massage the injection site (upper thighs) while you are waiting for the nurse or the doctor to come in it helps. Also give them the tylenol or motrin before you go into the doctors office. That might help a little next time. It's never fun!

Glad to hear that he's on track! What a cutie pie!

Jamie and Tom said...

That picture of him is so cute! He still is so big! (even if the stats say he isn't..) Hooray for dax!

Dunn Family said...

He is so cute! I loved the costumes! The tootsie roll cracks me up!

Behling Family said...

He is so adorable. I just want to squish his cheeks. I do hate the taking them to get their shots. They are just looking up at you with those big eyes crying, It just breaks your heart.

Russell and Emilie said...

Oh he's so cute! And I love the tootise rolls. So awhile back you asked if I had a blog and well I started one today. I totally didn't still your background, weird that we got the same ones. I've been following each persons blog for links. This blog thing is really cool