Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Carving Pumpkins for FHE

We had a blast carving our pumpkins this year for Halloween. While Stevie was making phone calls for work Daxen and I got everything set up. We printed off the Internet pictures we wanted to use for our pumpkins. Stevie's pumpkin was Frankenstein, mine was a mummy, and Daxen's was of course a Dog. He is going to be a dog for Halloween so of course he would pick a dog for his pumpkin as well. Things started out good with all of us getting the middle part out of the pumpkin. Daxen wanted nothing to do with that. He tried touching it but was not a fan of the gooey feeling. It was pretty funny needless to say. However, as we were carving the pumpkins, which Daxen wanted to help with but we told him this was for Mommy's and Daddy's only because of the knife, he decided to be braver. As you can tell he no longer feared the gooey texture of the pumpkin goo. He was all IN IT! He would get it all over his hands and rub it in his hair, on his stomach, and at one point he even put it in his mouth. We had that stuff EVERYWHERE. Did I mention I HATE I repeat HATE the smell of pumpkin (at least when it is coming from the pumpkin goo). It was all over him but I am thankful for Stevie who said he would clean him up! It did keep him entertained for the 2 hours it took us to actually carve all three pumpkins. I love the fact that Daxen is getting old enough to help us do things and be a part of it. He is growing up like crazy and there is never a boring day with him. I think our pumpkins turned out pretty dang good!





4 comments:

Jamie and Tom said...

haha that picture of him rubbing it in his hair is so awesome! That's so gross! Very impressive pumpkins!

Moke said...

Holy smokes! He is so messy, but I bet he thought that was the best part of carving the pumpkins! They all turned out so cute! Way to go

Amber Staub said...

Those pumpkins are awesome. They kick the butts of every pumpkin we've ever carved!! Daxen looks cute in all the pumpkin goo..that stuff makes my skin itch.

T-Fam said...

Awesome! I love them! Daxen is quite the helper! haha