Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

Saturday - We started the day by going shopping for each others valentines presents. Daxen got a toy and Stevie and I got clothes. After that we had my family come up and join us. It was my turn to plan Valentines this year so I decided to go to the Classic Fun Center in Sandy. It consisted of a roller skating rink (Which none of us did because we all would have fallen on our faces), laser tag (played four times), dime arcade (Won over 1500 tickets, Thanks to Amy for winning 1000 on one game), jungle gym, blow up toys, and a blast zone where you got to shoot balls at one another and it had the biggest slide I have ever gone down in my life. It was a great day and everyone was able to be there! After that we went to TGI Fridays for dinner! YUM! I love that place. We had a great time of sitting around and just talking with one another! We ended up going home after that. We had my cousin Lexi watch Daxen for us while we went and had our fun. I told her that his bed time was around 8:30. My Mom and Dad took her home for us because it was on their way home. She continued to tell them that he was good and that he had a really hard time going to sleep though and she didn't know why. My Mom asked her well when did you put him to sleep and she said 8:50. But little did she know it was 8:50 at the moment she had said that. As you can tell the time got a little mixed up thanks to us being lazy and not changing the time on our clock above our TV. It is an hour ahead of the real time. So in fact he was going to sleep at 7:50 instead of 8:50. He was awake at 6 the next morning! :) I thought it was pretty funny because we did not know this until the day after!

Sunday - We woke up to go to church at 8 in the morning. Followed by us getting home and realizing that Stevie grabbed the wrong keys that did not have our house key on it so we were locked out. (I was not very happy). However we did end up going to Jason and Amy's to grab a ladder to climb on our back porch to open the sliding door. I am sure glad that it was unlocked because I did not want to pay a lock smith. After that long process we were invited by Jason and Amy to have steak and chicken at their house and watch all of the basketball competitions. For dessert we ended up having our famous 8 minute cake:) It is the best thing ever! Thanks Amy and Jason for a fun night.

Sorry there are no pictures. I forgot my camera which never happens so I was very sad!

2 comments:

The Rasmussen Family said...

Way fun indeed! And I can't take all the credit for winning the 1,000 tickets...

okay, wait. No, yeah. I can. HAHAH! That was the icing on the cake, considerding that place rips you off on the ticket redemption!

The Wrights said...

haha thats pretty funny about the sleep time! and that stinks you got locked out! Leo and I locked ourselves out once but lucky for us we didn't lock the dead bolt that day just the handle so all we had to do was use a credit card and we got in!haha (shows how well our door handle lock is! we make sure to use the dead bolt from now on now that we know it works to just card it!!)